Linksys RE6400 wireless range extender when installed at home helps to turn WiFi dead zones into fun zones. Extenders act as an intermediate between the host gateway and accessing devices. But even the best extenders can cause certain troubles at times. There can be various scenarios that may put you in a situation wherein you want to reset your Linksys extender RE6400. This piece of write-up will provide you with information about how to perform extender.linksys.com RE6400 reset. Keep reading ahead to know why you need to reset your device, how to reset Linksys extender, and what you should do after you have reset it.
Why to Reset Linksys RE6400?
We did already mention previously that your Linksys extender may force you sometimes to reset it. This is because it is a technical device and it is expected that all technical devices are prone to some technical issues. For instance, if you just can’t do the Linksys extender setup, you may first need to reset it and then try to set it up again. Apart from this one, if you are experiencing any of the below situations, then reset your Linksys RE6400 wireless range extender right now:
- You have forgotten the Linksys extender admin password.
- The firmware on RE6400 is corrupted.
- Linksys RE6400 is giving intermittent WiFi and you are exhausted with all other troubleshooting.
- You want a fresh start as the current configuration settings are not satisfactory.
- Your Linksys extender is not working at all.
Thus, if any of these reasons are causing you trouble then it is time you reset your device. In the next section, we shall outline how to perform extender.linksys.com RE6400 reset.
extender.linksys.com RE6400 Reset Process
We shall first tell you about resetting the Linksys RE6400 extender using a web browser. FYI, you can reset your extender in two ways. The second way will be discussed in the next section. In the first method, you need to access the extender.linksys.com web address to get to the settings of the extender. But before that, you must ensure that the Linksys extender is powered up. Once you reach the settings, all you need to do is erase the current configuration settings. Check out the instructions to carry out this process:
- Grab your computer or laptop and turn it on.
- Proceed further and launch a search engine on it. You can use any that you prefer. Some most used ones are Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, etc.
- Next, visit the extender.linksys.com login page by typing the URL in the address bar of the search engine. Avoid using the search bar to enter the web address.
- Log in using the admin login details now.
- Look for the option labeled Administration.
- Select Factory defaults under the Administration section.
- Thereafter, click on Restore Factory Defaults.
- All the customized configuration settings will be deleted and the factory settings will be restored on your device.
Now, it may be the case that you are unable to perform the factory reset using this method. Maybe you forgot the admin password and hence can’t log in. Or there can be some other reasons for this. In that event, we suggest you go for the next method that we have discussed below.
Linksys Extender RE6400 Hard Reset
- First of all, connect the Linksys RE6400 extender to a power socket and turn it on.
- Next, look for a button named Reset on the extender.
- The location of the button varies for different extender models.
- Got it? Push it gently.
- Your Linksys RE6400 extender is now reset to the factory settings.
Once the extender.linksys.com RE6400 reset is completed you need to reconfigure it. Since your customized settings are deleted, you will again If you need any assistance in doing Linksys extender setup RE6400, then you can get help from our experts. They are always on their toes to provide Linksys users with the best possible assistance.