How to Setup Linksys RE6300?
Linksys RE6300 is a dual-band wireless range extender that extends your home network range up to 7500 square feet.
The RE6300 is a universal wireless extender that means it works with all standard home routers and ISP routers. It means, you do not need to change your existing router while doing Linksys RE6300 setup.
Go through the steps below to understand the process of Linksys extender setup RE6300.
Requirements for Linksys RE6300 Setup
Prior to Linksys RE6300 setup, go through with the below-mentioned important requirements:
- An Ethernet cable or a wireless source.
- The Linksys RE6300 default password and username.
- An already configured host gateway.
- And, of course, your Linksys wireless RE6300 range extender.
Linksys RE6300 Setup Methods
There are two different handy methods to set up Linksys extender.
- Manual setup
- Wireless Protected Setup (WPS) process
How to Setup Linksys RE6300: Manual Method
- Connect your Linksys RE6300 wireless extender to your home router via an Ethernet cable.
- The connection must be strong and secure
- Turn on your computer and run any web browser.
- Visit http extender.linksys.com.
- You will land on the login page.
- Enter the Linksys RE6300 default password plus username.
- Select Login.
- You will see the web-based management utility of the RE6300 extender.
- Now simply follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Linksys extender.
- Once you finalize all the extender settings, apply the changes.
If you got stuck at any step during the Linksys RE6300 extender setup, get in touch with us via live chat for better assistance.
Important Note: Check the Linksys RE6300 setup manual for default login credentials.
Linksys RE6300 Setup WPS Method
WPS (Wireless Protected Setup) method is a simple push-button setup method. WPS method is so easy that even a newbie can also configure a wireless range extender with the existing home network.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to carry out Linksys RE6300 setup WPS process:
- First of all, connect your Linksys device to a power socket.
- Let the LED turn solid.
- After that, push the WPS button on your RE6300.
- You need to press the WPS button on the main router too.
- Now unplug your Linksys RE6300 extender and place it to a new location.
- Visit http extender linksys setup page to check the internet connectivity.
Linksys RE6300 Setup Issues
- Linksys RE6300 default password not working
- WiFi extender not resetting.
- extender.linksys.com not working.
- Can’t reboot Linksys extender.
- Linksys extender firmware update fails.
- Orange light on Linksys extender.
- RE6300 keeps restarting.
- Linksys extender setup page not responding.
- Unable to find the correct Linksys extender IP address.
Fix Linksys Extender Setup RE6300 Issues
It is quite usual that many users tackle various issues during the Linksys extender RE6300 setup.
Don’t worry! Go through with the following common Linksys extender troubleshooting tips to fix the setup issues:
- Do not skip any instruction appearing on the Linksys extender setup dashboard.
- If you find solid red light on your Linksys RE6300, try to restart it.
- Always make use of an updated web browser to set up the extender.
- In case of the orange light on the extender, replace the cable connecting your WiFi devices.
- Your Linksys extender must be close to the main router.
Linksys RE6300 No Internet Connection?
If you’re getting no internet connection after installing the Linksys RE6300 extender, then there might be a problem with the extender-router connection. Therefore, make sure that both devices are placed within range and are connected with the help of a non-damaged Ethernet cable. If you’re still facing the internet connection problem, here’s what you should do:
- Change the location of your RE6300 extender.
- Restart your range extender to fix the Linksys RE6300 no internet connection.
- Reduce the number of devices accessing your extender’s network.
- Reconfigure your range extender.