Linksys RE6500 Setup | AC1200
This particular tutorial will guide you on Linksys RE6500 setup. For complete setup instructions, keep on reading.
But first of all, you need to ensure the following measures before proceeding further for Linksys extender setup RE6500:
- You must have high-speed internet.
- The home WiFi router should be up and in working condition.
- Try to keep the home network SSID and passphrase key handy.
- Plug-in your Linksys AC1200 wireless range extender into an electric outlet for proper power supply.
How to Setup Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Extender
Linksys RE6500 setup can be done via two processes:
- Manual setup
- Wireless protected setup (WPS)
Important Point: Both of these Linksys AC1200 extender setup processes does not require any installation CD.
Without wasting much time on chewing of long fats, let’s move our steps ahead to how to setup Linksys RE6500 extender.
Linksys AC1200 Setup: Manual Method
- With the help of an Ethernet cable, connect Linksys RE6500 extender to your home WiFi router.
- Now connect your computer to the home router.
- Turn on your computer and run your favourite web browser.
- Type extender.linksys.com in the web address bar.
- Hit the Enter key.
- You will land on the Linksys RE6500 setup web page.
- Enter the default Linksys extender login credentials.
- Hit on the ‘Log In’ button.
- The web browser will redirect you to Linksys wireless extender admin panel.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to configure your RE6500 extender.
- Once done, click on the ‘Save’ button.
Linksys RE6500 Setup | AC1200: WPS Method
If you find the aforementioned Linksys extender setup RE6500 process difficult, you can get in touch with us via our toll-free number +1-866-539-3555. Or you can simply try Linksys extender one push-button setup process: Wireless Protected Setup method
- Plug-in your Linksys RE6500 into an electric power outlet near to your wireless home router.
- Press the WPS button.
- Wait for the WPS LED to turn into solid green colour.
- Now unplug the Linksys AC1200 from the electric power outlet and shift it into the new location.
- Connect your computer to the extended wireless network.
- Visit extender.linksys to check internet connectivity.
Linksys RE6500 Setup Issues
- Linksys AC1200 login fails.
- Linksys RE6500 no light error.
- extender.linksys.com not working.
- Linksys extender firmware update fails.
- Linksys AC1200 extender orange light error.
- Unable to find Linksys extender IP address.
- Linksys extender setup page not responding.
- how to reset Linksys RE6500 WiFi range extender.
Common Linksys RE6500 Troubleshooting Guide
Struggling with various Linksys RE6500 issues? No worries, go through the below-mentioned common Linksys extender troubleshooting tips:
- Linksys RE6500 no light issue, check the electric power outlet
- If you see the red light on your Linksys extender, try to reboot it.
- Follow the Linksys RE6500 WiFi extender setup steps in the correct sequence.
- If you find the orange light error, try to place your Linksys extender near to your home router.
- Unable to visit Linksys RE6500extender setup web page, try to restart your web browser or use another one.
- If you stuck in between Linksys AC1200 setup process, try to reboot your home WiFi router and the range extender.
- Clear all the previously stored web history, cache, cookies, and other junk files from your web browser before to begin WiFi extender setup process.
Get in touch with our experts to fix your Linksys RE6500 setup issues via our toll-free number +1-866-539-3555.