Common Issues during Linksys WiFi Extender Setup
How to log in to Linksys Extender Setup page
Linksys WiFi Range Extender Setup – Manual Method
Linksys range extenders play a vital role to overcome limitations of the existing router network and experience the fast range of signals in the desired areas. Login page can also be accessed via manual configuration steps. Follow the instructions below to setup your Linksys range extender manually:
- Plug in your range extender into an electrical power outlet.
- Turn on your WiFi range extender.
- Use 192.168.1.1 to log in to Linksys Extender Setup page.
- Enter the login details in the given boxes.
- The basic home page will appear on the screen.
- Click on wireless settings option.
- Select the manual radio button.
- Set up security settings for your WiFi range extender. Type the password and save the settings made by you.
Can’t Connect to Linksys Extender?
So, you have set up your Linksys wireless extender properly! Everything is working fine, but what’s that?
You are unable to connect to Linksys extender for accessing the extended WiFi range. Well, you are not alone facing a hard time while connecting. It is the most common issue experienced by almost every user after the extender configuration. But you don’t have to worry as here you will get the ultimate solution to this issue.
Talking in users’ language, they complain something like this: My router is properly configured then why my Linksys extender is unable to detect any WiFi network when I try to connect my wireless device?
What to do when I can’t connect to Linksys extender? We will give only one answer to this, i.e. try the following troubleshooting tips and fix the issue Linksys wireless extender setup issues in the least time. You can thank us later!
1. Keep the Extender within the Router Range
Did you place your range extender miles away from the router? Got you! Place your Linksys extender within the range of the existing router. Apart from that, there may be signal obstructions between both of your devices. So, keep the extender at a certain distance away from masonry walls, electronic gadgets, metal objects, reflexive surfaces, and similar objects.
Extender and router don’t look nice together? Fear not! The aforementioned tips are to take care of only when you are making a connection with the extender. After a successful connection, place the extender where it beautifies your sweet home.
2. Make Your Router SSID Visible
Another reason why your extender is unable to find the wireless network is that maybe your router’s SSID is disabled or hidden. Therefore, enable the SSID broadcast feature on your device.
3. Check if Your Linksys Device’s WiFi Network is ON
Just look at the taskbar of your computer and check whether the wireless network connection is shown up or not. If not, select an available WiFi network and connect to it.
4. Reboot Your Network
The above-mentioned tips didn’t work? It’s time to go for rebooting! Just disconnect from the current network and connect to it again but after some time. Try rebooting your router as well.
Can’t Access Default Linksys Extender Login Page?
When users try to log in to the default web-based page of their extender, an error message always pops up saying ‘You are not connected to the range extender’s network’. Thus, users come across issues while accessing the default extender login page. If you are also facing the same issue, here is the rescue plan for you!
Why This Issue Arises?
When you access the default web address, you get an error because of the below-given reasons:
- The Linksys extender is connected to your network wirelessly but it doesn’t identify the internet connection.
- Your internet data pack is over.
- Connection to the device is not set up.
How to Resolve the Issue?
Walk through the steps given below to fix the issue on your own:
- Make sure the extender is turned on properly.
- Check if the computer is connected to your extender’s network.
- Avoid putting the extender near metal appliances, electronic objects, reflexive surfaces, etc.
- Close the browser and try logging in again.
- Restart your WiFi router.
- Try using the default login IP.
- Power cycle the Linksys wireless range extender.
- Ensure that your router is properly configured.
- Check if your PC’s wireless network is turned on or not.
- Connect the extender to an available wireless network.
Is the Issue still There?
Don’t lose hope yet! There is still a way that can help you out, i.e. go for the reset process. Restore all the default values of your Linksys range extender.
Note: All the customized settings made by you will be deleted after the reset process. So note down the changes prior and then start resetting your device.
How do I Reset My Linksys Range Extender?
After reading the above section, this is probably the question striking in your mind, isn’t it? Well, we have got you covered. Here’s the full-fledged answer to your reset process query.
Apart from the login issue, resetting will help you fix the following Linksys WiFi extender’s problems as well:
- Intermittent wireless connections with the extender.
- Extender’s lights are not blinking even after power cycling.
- Manual configuration of your extender after the setup wizard failure.
Quick Tip: Prior to resetting, create a backup of configuration settings of your device. Are you wondering what is the benefit of it? Gotcha! If you do so, you don’t need to go through the configuration process again.
There are two methods to reset Linksys WiFi range extender:
- pressing the reset button
- using the web-based page
Through the Physical Reset Button
Find the reset button on your Linksys extender. The location of the button may vary on the basis of its model. Found? Great! Just press it using a paperclip or a tiny object. Once done, power cycle your device and complete the reset process.
Using the Web-Based Extender Setup Page
For this, open a web browser and go to the default web-based setup page of your extender. Click on the factory default option. To complete the process accurately, reboot your device once. Kudos! You are have successfully completed the Linksys extender reset process.