http //extender.linksys.com Setup | Linksys Extender Setup
Linksys WiFi range extender can be set up using the web-based setup page http //extender.linksys.com. This is the default web address of the Linksys range extender which is used for the initial setup as well as to access the settings of the extender. Thus, it is also known as http //extender.linksys.com setup page.
How to Access http://extender.linksys.com/ Setup Page?
Whether it is for the initial Linksys extender setup or to tweak the extender settings, you first need to access the extender.linksys.com setup page. The steps are given below:
- Connect the Linksys range extender into an active power socket available in your home and turn the power button on. Wait till the LEDs are settled. This means the extender is booted up completely.
- Use an Ethernet cable and connect your Linksys extender to the host router.
- Now using your computer launch an internet browser.
- In the URL bar of the browser, type http //extender.linksys.com and hit Enter.
- On the Linksys login window that opens up, you will be prompted to enter username and password.
- Enter the default login details if it is the first time you are logging in. If you have already changed the login password, then use the changed one.
- Click on the Login button.
That’s it! You have logged in to your extender using the http //extender.linksys.com setup web page. If you want to set up your extender, follow the steps given ahead.
Linksys Extender Setup via http://extender.linksys.com
- Make sure that your Linksys range extender is receiving an optimum power supply.
- Using an Ethernet cable, establish a connection between the extender and the host router.
- Get hold of your PC and type http //extender.linksys.com in the URL bar of a browser.
- Hitting the Enter key will navigate you to the login window of the Linksys range extender.
- Type the login username and password and click on the Login button.
- You will reach the Linksys extender setup wizard or the http //extender.linksys.com setup wizard.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to compete the setup process.
The process of Linksys extender login and setup using the http://extender.linksys.com setup page is pretty easy. But users still sometimes find themselves stuck with certain issues. You can fix them easily by trying the hacks mentioned in the next section.
http //extender.linksys.com Not Working?
- 1. Check the power socket that is used to supply power to the Linksys range extender. It should be free of damage and the AC adapter should be plugged correctly into the power socket. Simply put, the extender should be receiving an optimum power supply to avoid any issues.
- 2. Ensure a stable and high-speed internet connection to the Linksys extender. For this, the Ethernet cable that is being used to connect the extender to the router needs to be checked. If it is damaged then replace the cable. If it is not inserted properly into the devices, then remove it and again make a solid connection between both devices.
- 3. Check the login web address that you are using to access the http //extender.linksys.com setup page. There ought to be zero typing errors while entering them into the URL bar of the browser.
- 4. Update the web browser that you are using to access the http //extender.linksys.com setup web page. An older version of the browser may hinder the login process.
- 5. Consider clearing out the cache cookies as well as the browsing history of the web browser before you are trying to access the Linksys extender web-based login page.
- 6. Use the correct login details i.e. the username and password to log in to the Linksys extender.
Right after you have made the necessary changes as given in the points above, you will no longer be facing any issue in accessing http //extender.linksys.com setup page. After you are logged in, update the firmware of the Linksys range extender. Make it a point that your Linksys extender should always be updated to the recent version to get the best out of it.
Need Further Assistance?
http //extender.linksys.com setup web page is all you need to log in to your Linksys extender to modify its settings. If you want any further assistance on how to change the settings, how to update Linksys extender firmware or any other Linksys extender related info, getting in touch with our experts will be helpful.