Linksys RE6800 Setup | AC1750
Linksys RE6800 extender eliminates dead network zones and boosts your existing wireless network throughout your home or workplace, even in outdoors like garage, backyard, etc. With RE6800 extender’s dual-band functionality, you can extend your wireless network up to 9000 sq. feet with 1750Mbps speed. Linksys RE6800 setup is quite easy to perform.
Linksys RE6800 AC1750 Setup Methods
Linksys RE6800 AC1750 setup can be done via two methods:
- WiFi protected setup (WPS)
- Linksys extender manual setup
Important Note: You do not require any kind of installation CD for Linksys RE6800 extender setup. An Ethernet cable is required if you follow the Linksys extender manual setup method.
Linksys AC1750 Setup Prerequisites
To begin with Linksys RE6800 WiFi extender setup process, you must have the below-mentioned prerequisites:
- A solid internet connection.
- Plug in your Linksys RE6800 near to your home WiFi router.
- Try to keep your wireless network SSID name and security passphrase key simple.
- Your home wireless router should be in a well-working condition and must have the latest firmware version.
Linksys RE6800 Extender Setup | AC1750 – WPS Method
WiFi Protected Setup is the easiest method to configure Linksys RE6800 extender with your home WiFi router. Just go through with the following instructions for Linksys RE6800 extender setup using WPS method:
- Plug in your Linksys RE6800 to an electrical power outlet near to your home WiFi router.
- Press the WPS button present on the side of your RE6800 extender.
- Wait for the WPS LED to turn into solid green.
- Unplug the Linksys extender from the electrical power outlet and place it to a new location.
Linksys RE6800 AC1750 Setup: Manual Method
- Connect Linksys RE6800 extender to your home wireless router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Now, try to connect your extender to router.
- Turn on your computer and run any of your favourite web browsers.
- Visit extender.linksys.com.
- You will land on the Linksys RE6800 Extender Setup web page.
- Enter the default Linksys extender login credentials.
- Click on the ‘Log In’ button.
- The web browser will redirect you to Linksys extender admin panel.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to configure your RE6800 device.
- Once done, hit on the ‘Save’ button.
In case you are unable to understand Linksys RE6800 WiFi extender setup, get in touch with us via our toll-free number +1-866-539-3555.
Linksys RE6800 Setup Issues
- Linksys extender login issue.
- extender.linksys.com not working.
- Linksys RE6800 factory reset issue.
- Linksys extender firmware update fails.
- Linksys RE6800 blinking orange issue.
- Unable to find Linksys extender IP address.
- Linksys extender setup page not responding.
Linksys RE6800 AC1750 Extender Troubleshooting Steps
Can’t Log in to Linksys WiFi Extender
At times, when a user tries to access the extender.linksys.com web page, they stuck with an error message. Majorly, it happens when there is no active WiFi connection between your Linksys extender and home WiFi router.
To fix the issue, ensure the following things:
- Try to update your Internet web browser.
- Update your Linksys extender firmware version.
- Reboot your Linksys extender, home WiFi router, and computer.
- Ensure that you have entered the correct Linksys extender setup web address.
Intermittent Wireless Connection Problem
Another common issue while setting up your Linksys RE6800 wireless extender is lost internet connection. There could be various factors behind the issue, like:
- Outdated Linksys RE6800 firmware version.
- Large distance between your home router and Linksys RE6800.