Linksys RE6400 Setup | AC1200
For Linksys RE6400 setup, first of all you must have to become a little familiar with your WiFi extender. The Linksys RE6400 works on 802.11ac technology. It has two powerful external antennas to enhance the range of your home wireless network. It also belongs to Linksys AC1200 extender’s family which delivers network signal up to 1200 square feet.
Now, you and Linksys AC1200 extender are pal. So, let’s move a step ahead and learn the Linksys extender setup RE6400 steps in a glance.
Linksys RE6400 Setup Methods
You can easily set up your Linksys RE6400 AC1200 WiFi extender via two methods, they are:
- Manual setup
- Wireless protected setup
Important Tip: You do not required any installation CD to set up your Linksys AC1200. Somehow, there is a required of an ethernet cable for Linksys RE6400 extender manual setup method.
Prerequisites for Linksys RE6400 setup
To begin with Linksys RE6400 AC1200 extender setup process, you must have to follow the below-mentioned requirements:
- Must have a strong and reliable internet connection.
- Keep your home router firmware version up-to-date.
- Try to keep your wireless network SSID name and password easy.
- Ensure that your Linksys AC1200 extender is receiving a proper electric supply.
Linksys AC1200 Setup: Manual Method
- Connect Linksys AC1200 extender to your home wireless router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Now, try to connect your computer to router.
- Turn on your computer and run any of your favourite web browsers.
- Visit http //extender.linksys.com setup web page.
- You will land on the Linksys RE6400 setup web page.
- Enter the default Linksys extender login credentials.
- Hit on the ‘Log In’ button.
- The web browser will redirects you to Linksys extender admin panel.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure your Linksys AC1200.
- Now hit on the ‘Save’ button.
If still confused with Linksys RE6400 extender setup? Get in touch with us via live chat.
Linksys AC1200 Setup | RE6400: Wireless Protected Setup
Follow the below-mentioned instructions for Linksys extender setup RE6400 using WPS method:
- Plug-in your Linksys AC1200 into an electric socket near to your home WiFi router.
- Press the WPS button present on the side of your RE6400 wireless extender.
- Wait for the WPS LED to turn into solid green.
- After that, unplug the Linksys extender from the electric power outlet and place it into new location.
Linksys AC1200 RE6400 WiFi Extender Setup Issues
- Linksys extender login fails.
- Linksys RE6400 won’t reset.
- Linksys AC1200 firmware update fails.
- Linksys RE6400 blinking orange error.
- Linksys RE6400 setup page not responding..
- Unable to find correct Linksys extender IP address.
- http //extender.linksys.com setup link not working.
Common Linksys Extender Setup Troubleshooting Steps
- Follow the Linksys extender setup RE6400 steps in the correct sequence.
- If you see the red light on your Linksys AC1200 wireless extender, try to reboot it.
- If you find the Linksys RE6400 blinking orange, try to place your WiFi extender near to your home wireless router.
- Unable to visit Linksys AC1200 extender setup web page, try to restart your web browser or use another one.
- If you stuck in between Linksys RE6400 setup process, try to reboot your home WiFi router and the range extender.
- Delete all the previously saved web history, cache, cookies, and other junk files from your web browser before to begin WiFi extender setup.
Connect via email and live chat to get in touch with our experts to fix your Linksys extender issues.