So, you just bought a new Linksys WiFi router! Of course, after unpacking it, the first step is to log in to the Linksys router so that you can easily set up and configure it. And that’s where, users get stuck! Whether it is an old Linksys router or the brand new one, around 93% of users fail to access the default Linksys router login page.
Are you also one of them? Wondering how to fix the Linksys wireless router login issues? Not anymore! We have got your back. This post will make you aware of the common Linksys router login issues along with their permanent fixes. Read on.
How to Fix Common Linksys Router Login Issues?
1. Don’t Know the Default IP of Linksys Router?
In order to log in to your Linksys WiFi router, you need its default IP address. And most users don’t know the Linksys router default IP due to which they can’t access its web-based setup page. Well, one can find the default IP address in a label that the Linksys router includes. Not only the IP address, the label also has the hardware version, MAC address, the SSID username and password, and the WPS PIN.
But what if this label is missing on your router? Nothing to worry about! You can also find the default IP of your Linksys device using the Command Prompt. All you need to do is simply click on the Start button on your Windows PC and open the Command Prompt. After that, type the IP configuration command and press the Enter key. Doing so will display the default IP of your WiFi router in the Default Gateway section.
As soon as you find the default IP, type it into a web browser’s address bar and hit the Enter key. You should now be on the Linksys router login window. Enter the admin username into the first field whereas password in another field. Once done, click on the Log In button.
In the event that the default IP is not working for you, use the default web URL, i.e. linksyssmartwifi.com.
2. Linksys Router Login Page Not Working
Have you tried using both the default IP and web URL but nothing has opened the Linksys router login page for you? In such a case, apply the below-given troubleshooting tactics to fix the issue:
- Cross-check the web address or the IP address to ensure that you have typed it properly. There should not be typos in the entered web URL and IP address.
- Be certain that your Linksys WiFi router is properly powered on and receiving constant power supply from the wall socket.
- Delete cache, cookies, and browsing history from the web browser you are currently using.
- Update your web browser to the latest version, if it is outdated.
- Restore all default settings on your web browser and try again to log in to your Linksys wireless router.
- Be sure that your router is properly configured. In case you have also performed Linksys RE6500 setup in your home, then be sure that your router’s settings are matching with that of your RE6500 extender.
After following the aforementioned tips, you would surely have accessed the Linksys router login page.
3. Forgot the Linksys Login Password?
Lost or forgot password is one of the most common Linksys router login issues faced by users. In such a case, resetting is the only left option. After resetting, you can use the default username and password to log in to your router. Here’s how to reset your Linksys router:
- Turn on your Linksys WiFi router.
- Press and hold the Reset button on it.
- Let the router reboot itself.
Done! Now, you can use the default password for Linksys router login. However, if you are still unable to log in to your Linksys wireless router, get in touch with our technical experts right away.