Whether you want to change your network name, password, or set up security settings, you need to login to Linksys router. However, a majority of users don’t know the exact process to log in to Linksys WiFi router. Sensing this need, we have come up with this post to provide you a step-by-step guide to perform the Linksys router login process in a hassle-free manner. Let’s take the plunge.
Steps to Login to Linksys Router
Step 1 – Power On Your Router
First and foremost, plug your Linksys wireless router into a wall socket. Ensure that the wall socket you choose is not damaged and receiving constant power supply from the mains.
Step 2 – Connect Your Linksys Router
The next step to login to Linksys router is to connect your router to the existing modem. For this, you need to use an Ethernet cable. Ensure that the Ethernet cable you use is free from any type of cuts.
On the off chance if you have already performed the Linksys extender setup in your home, then remember to connect your Linksys router to the Linksys range extender as well.
Step 3 – Know Your Router’s Default IP Address
To access the web configuration panel of your Linksys router, you need its default IP address. You can find your Linksys WiFi router’s default IP using the Command Prompt. Here’s how:
- Hit the Start button and enter cmd in the search bar.
- Once you press the Enter key, the Command Prompt will display on your computer.
- Type the IP configuration command and press Enter.
- The default IP address of your Linksys router will be shown in the Default Gateway field.
Note down your Linksys WiFi router’s default IP address.
Step 4 – Access A Web Browser
Now, open a web browser you like. Choose either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Microsoft Edge. In case you own a MAC OS X, it is recommended to pull up the Safari browser. However, ensure that the web browser you are using is updated to the latest version. Also, it should not contain any type of junk files, cache, cookies, and browsing history.
Step 5 – Login to Linksys Router
In the address bar, type linksyssmartwifi.com and press the Enter key. Doing so will take you to the Linksys router login web page. Now, enter the admin username and password into the given fields and click on the Log In button.
Congrats! You have successfully logged into your Linksys wireless router. Now, you can configure your router’s settings as per your requirements. In the event that you own a Linksys extender, be certain that the extender has the same settings as that of your router. You can change your Linksys extender’s settings via extender.linksys.com.
Can’t Login to Linksys Router?
If even after following the steps mentioned above, you can’t login to Linksys router, go through the below-given troubleshooting steps:
- Ensure that you have entered the web login address without any typing errors.
- Keep in mind to type the default Linksys router login web URL only in the address bar, not in the search bar.
- Update your web browser to the latest version.
- Clear cache, cookies, and browsing history from the web browser you are using.
- Power cycle your Linksys WiFi router.
- Update the firmware of your Linksys router to the most recent version.
- Reset your Linksys wireless router to the default factory settings.
On the off chance if nothing worked for you, get in touch with our well-versed technicians. They will provide you prompt solutions to rectify the issue within minutes.