Your Linksys extender password is the way to access the settings of your WiFi device, but if you have forgotten the password, then you need to reset your device to default settings for getting it back. Thus, it is always a great option to change your password something unique yet memorable and have a note of it.
Whatever is the case with you, whether you want to reset your Linksys extender password or change it from default to secret, this post will give you a nudge on all the steps to perform reset or change the password of a Linksys extender.
How to Reset Linksys Extender Password?
If you set a personalized admin password on your Linksys extender after completing the Linksys extender setup with the default details and now have forgotten the changed details, then there no option that resetting your extender back to default factory settings. Doing so will reset all the personalized settings you made for your WiFi device and you will be able to again access the Linksys extender settings by configuring the device again via extender linksys com. To reset your Linksys extender, follow the steps given below and take your Linksys back to the settings when you move it off from its box:
- Have an access to a pin-like device or paper clip.
- Find the physical Linksys extender Reset button on your extender.
- Using the pin, press and release the Reset button.
- The Linksys range extender reboots.
- When the Linksys WiFi extender powers back up, it will be restored to the factory default settings.
You can now do Linksys extender setup and access its features by using the default credentials.
How to Change Linksys Extender Password?
Once you are all done with making your Linksys extender up and running, it is always suggested changing the default password for protecting your WiFi from unauthorized access. However, keep in mind to pen down the changed password in your diary or phone, just in case you forget it. Here’s how to make changes to the Linksys extender password:
- Before you start the process of changing your WiFi password, make sure the device is plugged into a working power outlet and is turned on.
- Now, open an internet browser on your device and enter extender.linksys.com in the address bar of your internet browser.
- As soon as you press the Enter button, you will be directed to the Linksys extender login page.
- Enter the default password to log in to your extender.
- Once you find the web-based setup page of your Linksys extender, turn up the Administration option.
- Selecting it will reveal a list of other options, from that select Management.
- From there, choose Change Extender Password option and give your device a new login details.
- Make sure you choose a hard-to-crack password for your Linksys extender.
- Re-confirm the password by entering it again and hit on the Save option to make the changes effective.
Quick Tip:The steps listed above can be implemented on any Linksys extender model you. So, no matter whether you want to change the password for Linksys RE6500 setup or Linksys RE2000, using the steps you will easily be able to reset and change the password of your WiFi device in a hassle-free manner.
We hope you get success in resetting or changing the password of your Linksys extender. If you have tried all the steps listed in the post and are still facing issues while making changes to the Linksys extender password, then our expert technical professionals may be able to help you get it fixed. You can reach out to us for any problem related to Linksys WiFi range extenders.