Linksys RE2000 N600 WiFi range extender amplifies your current wireless range and coverage while cutting down on dead zones. Providing speeds of up to N300 + N300 Mbps, the dual-band extender works with all a/g/b/n devices. After doing the Linksys RE2000 setup, you can utilize its QoS traffic management feature to prioritize high-bandwidth activities with no buffering.
In this write-up, you will learn how to set up a Linksys RE2000 N600 wireless range extender without any hassle. Let’s take the plunge.
Linksys RE2000 Setup | N600
You can perform the Linksys RE2000 extender setup (N600) in two ways, namely Manual Method and WPS Method.
Linksys RE2000 WiFi Extender Setup Via the Manual Method
To complete your Netgear N600 setup for RE2000 manually, walk through the instructions highlighted below:
- First and foremost, plug in your Linksys RE2000 N600 dual-band WiFi extender into a wall socket and power it up.
- Make a wired connection between your extender and the main router via an Ethernet cable.
- Afterward, power up your PC or laptop whichever you find convenient for you.
- Access a high-speed internet connection on it.
- Now, launch your preferred web browser, be it Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
- Type extender.linksys.com in the URL bar and hit the Enter key.
- The Linksys RE2000 WiFi extender login window appears.
- Insert the admin user ID and password into the provided fields.
- Click on the Log In button.
- After logging in, the Linksys RE2000 extender’s dashboard comes into view.
- Click on the Basic Wireless Settings option.
- Choose the radio button that says Manual.
- Enter the SSID of your current WiFi network.
- Next, set up the security settings for your wireless network.
- Enter the password or WEP key for your extended network.
- Hit the Save Settings button before leaving the web page.
Thus, you can easily complete your Linksys extender setup using the manual method. Got stuck at any step? Don’t hesitate to reach out to our highly-experienced and skilled technicians.
Linksys Range Extender RE2000 Setup Using WPS Method
WPS or WiFi Protected Setup is the simplest way to install your Linksys N600 RE2000 wireless range extender. Go through the below-highlighted steps for Linksys RE2000 wireless range extender setup using the WPS method:
- Power up your Linksys RE2000 N600 dual-band range extender.
- Ensure that the main router is also turned on.
- Push the WPS button on your Linksys extender.
- Thereafter, press the WPS button on your home router.
- Let the WPS LED be solid green.
Now, unplug your Linksys N600 RE2000 wireless extender and place it anywhere in the home where you like. However, keep in mind to place the extender at a far distance away from interference-creating objects such as microwaves, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, baby monitors, treadmills, refrigerators, etc.
In case you are still unable to set up and install your Linksys WiFi range extender, feel free to take our experts’ assistance. They will thoroughly guide you and make your Linksys RE2000 extender up and running within minutes.